Thursday 18 October 2012

Beer Sourdough

More experimenting with sourdough thanks to this months cupcake book club.

This is simply a white sourdough loaf but instead of adding water to the loaf along with the four I added beer.

The beer enhances the taste of the sourdough and produces a light and soft loaf. However it does not taste overly of beer.

I am going to experiment further with beer in my sourdough. I have noticed that in Paul Hollywood's latest book he makes a sourdough with beer and also uses a beer glaze, that sounds nice. I would also consider using a darker beer, maybe even a stout.

Anyway this bread made an excellent pulled pork sandwich, yum!

Definitely enjoying bread making, lots of exciting types to try to keep me occupied for a long while.

0 comments:

Post a Comment